Wednesday 17 June 2009

The Haywain

I settle on the leather sofa opposite
About five metres from the painting
If I had a rock
I wouldnt throw it
The paint is dry
People stand in front and block my view
I marvel at the beauty of their rucksacks
The lines and fabrics of the zips and pockets come together to signify a certain sense of security and a kind of modern take on the intertwining TWATS!
Get out of the way before I smash your ear clean off with my Van gogh poster
They move on
I am left with the painting
An American lady places herself directly infront of it
Close up
So close she becomes part of the picture
Her head is now that of a sea serpant in the waters next to the horse and cart
The workers are scared to life
They leap from the painting and onto the wooden floor of the gallery
A coffin with pictures on the walls
They lie with their unpainted bones broken and twisted
The lady steps away from the picture and it returns to normal
Apart from the work element to the picture is no longer there
A supervisor arrives promptly and sweeps them up

No comments: