Tuesday 7 April 2009

Me and my shadow

My shadow talks to me in a voice not dissimilar to that of Darth Vader. We’ve spent many a good time together over the years but recently he has become unhappy with the state of our life together.
I can’t believe you lost your Job, he says. I liked it there.
“You only got to see it when the sun was shining. In fact the only time you get to see anything is when the sun is shining, you don’t know how lucky you are.”
“I also get to see things at night under the street lights.”
“Don’t give me that, you are a fare weather shadow and you know it, if only you knew what it was like to be rained on.”
“Can’t you get your hair cut, I hate this one. Put some weight on as well. I remember when you made love to the girl on the beach in the midday sun, I got to lie right on top of her. Those were the days.”

No comments: